Friday 14 February 2014

KNITTING DISTRESS, KNIT-A-BLOCK-A-WEEK, CATCHING UP
AND OF COURSE
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY ........
 
 
 
 
Phew, the past month has been a whirlwind to say the least.  We have had hubby on a business trip overseas and then being admitted into hospital for emergency treatment and an operation, thankfully now with the help of a bag load of tablets he is well on the way to making a good recovery.
 
 
I spent many an hour worrying and upset but could not find it in me to pick up the needles, just went to and fro around the house living on PG Tips ! (other brands of tea bags are available) and of course looking after our son who showed so much maturity at this time,my heart swelled with pride.
 
This event has left me in KNITTING DISTRESS - I just cant find the momentum to get on, my brain has knitters block .......
 
SO ................................................
 
this is what I see in front of me
 

 

 
I still have many started balls so am on the second of a set of wrist warmers and have the yarn below that picture to work with (amongst others!)
 
I wracked my brain for a good two weeks thinking what shall I do I had projects to complete, the lap blanket made up of the Knit a Block a week Squares has had to be put to one side as Ive run out of one of the colours, I was heard to be saying "oh yes I have enough ..." famous last words.  I had a "great" idea to make a shoulder wrap from 6" mitred squares, am two blocks in but still it has not floated my boat!
Now have decided (whilst laying in the bath a place I find many of my bright ideas come to me), that I'm going to try and set myself some "Mini Weekly Challenges" to re-ignite my love for knitting, so this next week I'm knitting from started balls, it will be a real jumble of items I'm sure - from squares to baby hats, Innocent Hats maybe to wrist warmers.
 
Oh nearly forgot one item I did get finished which I have to brag about as I was really pleased with it was a blanket made for my wonderful knitty friends first Grandchild, a beautiful granddaughter.
 


knitted in cream aran, even though I had moments making it where my butterfly mind drifted, I was in the end really pleased with it and was thinking that "maybe" I would do another one at some stage
this is the pattern, Ju Ju wants to play baby blanket
 
KNIT A BLOCK A WEEK UPDATE
I was behind with my blocks, both knitting and blogging so I'm hoping Ive now caught up
 
 SQUARE NO 3 - DOUBLE EYELETS


 SQUARE NO 2 - OFFSET


SQUARE NO 22 - PLAIN LEAF

SQUARE NO 69 - TWIN TRIANGLES
 
These are not my best efforts and I'm not overly pleased with them, not because they were awful to knit, far from it I really enjoyed square no 22 and although it has a "three needle rating" which is challenging I thought it was relatively easy and would enjoy making more of those.  No, my problem was actually the yarn I had used on square 22 and 69 and also I think my heart was not in it when I knitted them.
 
Anyway this is the longest blog post I think Ive done so I wont bore you any more.  Just thought I would catch up and explain why Ive been missing and hope that this will spur me on to settling back into my passion of knitting.
 
Hope everyone is well and not caught up in all of this horrendous weather and flooding
J xxxxx


5 comments:

  1. I think you have done really well, considering you had a DH to look after and cherish back to fitness, I adore that baby blanket, so will go and grab the pattern while I remember. The knitting bug will return - just you wait and see.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jaqueline you have had a time of it no wonder you couldn't settle to do anything. I love your baby blanket it's lovely and I think you did really well to finish it under the circumstances, and your blocks are lovely! Do you know how clever you are? I didn't realise that there was a rating system for these blocks until you explained it. I never even noticed those needles at the top. You take care your mojo will be back before you know it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blanket is gorgeous and you have gone to the trouble of presenting it nicely as well. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello clever clogs! You should be so proud of yourself achieving all this with the world going mad all around you. Your makes always look so beautiful and I especially love that baby blanket. Mojo will be back really soon I am sure xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies for all your lovely comments I know I can count on you for support xxx

    ReplyDelete