Sunday 3 March 2013

STASH BUSTING CHALLENGE
SUNDAY WEIGH IN
 
Sunday again... I seem to always say that - it flys around so very quickly
 
Not much to add this week
just 127g
This was a "trial" item - I wanted some fun things that I could pop in my box for the Operation Christmas Box Appeal at the end of the year.**((SINCE WRITING THIS POST I HAVE BEEN REMINDED THAT OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD SHOEBOX DO NOTALLOW STUFFED TOYS - IT HAD COMPLETELY GONE FROM MY HEAD SO I AM SORRY IF I HAVE MISLED ANYONE - SORRY AGAIN FOR ANY CONFUSION - ITS A GOOD JOB I HAVE SOME LOVELY WATCHERS WHO KEEP ME ON THE STRAIGHT AND NARROW))**
I wanted to call her Floppy and decided that if I made anymore they would all have a name beginning with "J" - so this first one is Jaqueline Floppy - will there be anymore? I don't know.........
I cast on 50 stitches DK 4mm needles - think I stocking stitched about 32 rows then changed to Eyelash/Ostrich yarn and knitted 7 rows for hair.  Sew up sides with seam ending up at the back.  Straight stitch a mouth - sew up bottom seam lightly stuff and sew up top seam. 
I made four I-cords , 2 for arms and 2 for legs - the arm ones being slightly shorter than the legs and tied a knot in the end to denote hands and feet - attach these.
Eyes could be stick on googly eyes as I have done, stitched or sewn on buttons - I'm thinking if the item is to be given to a small child stick on eyes or buttons may not be suitable due to choking risk so use safety eyes or embroider.
I got this idea from http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/L10016B.html?noImages= and changed it slightly - obviously these are much better than my effort!
 
Also managed two baby hats, one childs hat and a preemie cardigan
The preemie cardigan and two hats have now finished up an oddment I had in my odds and ends bags so this was good x
 
Until next week - keep on stash busting - happy knitting xx
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Now I know what to use my eyelash wool for!! lovely little toy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Jaqueline Floppy! Especially the hair!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jacqueline and yours is just as good if not prettier than the original hugs ginny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure which Christmas box appeal you mean, Jacqueline, but don't forget that Operation Christmas Child Shoebox appeal doesn't allow stuffed hand-knitted toys. I'm sure there are other appeals that do, though, and this will amuse some small child.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Puppetlady - It was going to be for Operation Christmas Child shoebox appeal and I had completely forgotten they dont allow stuffed items so this was very good of you to say - will edit the post xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute little Floppy! Also like the effect of the yarn in the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet Jaqueline, don't forget to link them up on my blog.

    http://lindacraftycorner.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/would-you-like-to-party_5.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you took my comment the way it was intended. I didn't want to be a killjoy, but it would be such a shame if it had to be removed from your box.
    Puppets are allowed! (They're not stuffed.)
    Take care x

    ReplyDelete