Sunday 17 March 2013

STASH BUSTING CHALLENGE 2013
SUNDAY WEIGH-IN
 
 
Having missed last weeks weigh in as we had visitors all weekend I dont really have that much to show for two weeks worth of knitting (I do however have quite a few Work in Progress items in my knitting bag - items I need to sew up urrgghhh!) does anyone else just hate sewing up?????
 
Anyway the following are the items I have managed this last two weeks
 
 
3x BABY HATS

2x PAIRS OF BEDSOCKS FOR ELDERLY WITH SWOLLEN FEET/LEGS

1X CORNER TO CORNER BABY BLANKET AND1X SQUARE
 
TOTAL STASH BUSTED 273g ........
 
I still say I must try harder - story of my life at school ha ha xx
 
The bedsocks I have tried to find out if I can publish the pattern for that or add a link but unable to find out who has the rights for it, so didnt want to do this and upset the apple cart (think at some stage it may have come from ladies magazine Peoples Friend), but these are just fantastic for the elderly in care homes or hospitals etc who sadly have such swollen feet - the stitches that you knit give such a wide stretchy end product - achieved by as you put right hand needle in to stitches on left hand needle, wind the yarn round twice finishing knitting stitch as normal then when you go back along row you drop the extra stitch you created (does this make sense!)
 
Well have a happy stash busting week xx
 

3 comments:

  1. I think you have done very well Jaqueline, I'm pleased to see that you managed to link a picture :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Linda, all thanks to your careful much appreciated guidance xxx

      Delete
  2. Good progress, Jaqueline. I love the idea of the footies for the eldery.

    ReplyDelete