Thursday 7 March 2013

My Liebster Award and more nominations


My Liebster Award blog


I was recently nominated for a Liebster Award by Una at Great Balls of Ball I was really touched by this, Ive only been running my blog less than two months now and am learning my way around.  Una has made some lovely comments about my blog, my knitting and me - just one of the many "virtual" lovely friends I seem to be meeting along my blogging journey, so a big THANK YOU Una xxx
 
Una asked me the following questions:-
 


Which of the four seasons do you like best?
Spring
Do you exercise?
Whoops no - but I have a lovely exercise bike gathering dust ......
What is your "guilty pleasure" food?
Not very sinful but I love prawn cocktail being a bit more frugal now and not having them anymore would have to be a McDonalds Egg McMuffin!
What was the last item you knitted or crocheted?
Bedsocks for people in care homes with swollen feet and ankles
When did you last buy wool or yarn?
About a month ago - brought some for a very special baby blanket
Did you enjoy your school days?
Hmmm tough one - yes and  no
If you could have only one, which would it be...dishwasher or microwave?
Dishwasher
Do you follow any sports?
Formula One - this household works, sleeps and eats it
Do you have any pets?
No only it seems a multitude of thin spiders who make cobwebs as soon as my back is turned
Which is best....sea view or mountain view?
Definately sea view
If your house or apartment had a name, what would it be?
Dun-ironing !
 
I now have to nominate 4 bloggers who I follow who have less than 200 followers, I found this hard as I love all the blogs I follow, for many reasons, their dedication to charity knitting and their family and friends around them, their friendship, the outstanding crafty things they make, or simply their blogs are a work of art! There were two I really wanted to nominate Linda at Linda's Crafty Corner and Ana at lanas de Ana but you ladies just have too many followers!!!
 
Anyway I have nominated
 
Julie at Mack and Mabel
Linda at Chalky's World
Vixen at Shabbily Ever After
Una at Great Balls of Wool
 
Here are my questions to you lovely ladies:-
 
What was the last book you read?
Do you have any "hidden" talents that you would like to share?
What is your favourite smell?
If you wanted to escape would it be cottage by the sea or log cabin up a mountain?
What item do you seem to knit the most of?
Can you knit with double pins?
If you could spend a day with someone famous who would it be?
In cooking would you choose Mary Berry or Delia Smith?
Do you have a favourite sweetie?
Do you have anything stashed away that your husband/partner doesnt know about?
Do you write a shopping list or do you shop as you go along?
 
I hope you have time to do this and will nominate 4 further bloggers - thank you xx
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for nominating me, I will post about it later as I am to impatient at the mo and made a mess of it lol. You have certainly done well with your new adventure in blogging xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for nominating me for the Leibster Award. I am so glad your blog is thriving. I think it is a lovely way to connect and share with like minded people and thank you
    Again.
    Love linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so sweet! Thank you for the honorary mention ;-) I think it is great to get to know new blogs... I will check them out. It has been so interesting to get to know a bit about you. Greetings,
    Ana BC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your award Jaqueline and thank you for thinking of me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have answered your question here Jaqueline :)

    http://lindacraftycorner.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/would-you-like-to-party_5.html

    email me if you have any problems my addy is in my blog profile. xx

    ReplyDelete